Saturday, August 30, 2008

Big Man on the Totem Pole!

Some friends of ours, Beth and Chance are really working on getting their middle child, Matthew, to sleep in his own bed, and have had success until.....Garrett and Ashley intervened.


I got a text the other day saying something to the effect of " Did you know that Garrett and Ashley were telling Matthew ghost stories on the bus yesterday? He WAS sleeping in his bed but last night was different." I sent her a text back saying "Not my sweet, quiet Garrett. Before I sent her the message I asked him if he did and he admitted it. So the rest of my text was "He did say he did it, let Matthew return the favor." After I sent this to Beth she called and we talked about it and this is about how it went.

It was time for Matthew to go to bed he started crying saying that he wanted to sleep with Lane (the oldest). They were wondering why things had changed. Chance went in to have a talk with Matthew to see what was the matter. Matthew wound up telling Chance that Garrett and Ashley told him some ghost stories on th bus that day. I can ONLY imagine what Chance thought...I bet he was LAUGHING on the inside. Anyway, Chance went and told Beth that Garrett and Ashley were telling him ghost stories on the bus that day and now he didn't want to go to sleep. At that point, Beth wanted to (lightly I'm sure) strangle my child! I think once the night was over and all was said and done we can just chalk this up as Garrett thinking he's big man on campus and messing with the little Kindergartener. WE ALL LAUGH ABOUT IT NOW!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Of course we laugh about it!! What else do you do? I can assure you that Matthew wanted to hear every word that was being told to him at the time!! That's just kids being kids!!! We had a good a laugh about it! HAHAHAHAH!